- The results of every new attempt mirror the earlier one. This may indicate that resources or actions have got on to follow a pattern that needs to be broken.
- Frequent rejection of ideas. At high rate of rejection, virtually everything inward begins to find its way to the dustbin. The existing practice or prevalent systems occupy mind space, not letting new ones getting tested. Ridicule replaces reception.
- Excessive fears take over the original behaviour. Fear of losing, fear of social perception, fear of not being oneself with change, unending materialistic focus that disrupts stable resolution.
- Caught up in time bands; beginning the day with an end of day imagery. Hallucinating about smooth passage of the day at work. Losing excitement about work.
- Getting hyper- critical about all that is positive around. Playing down everything worth appreciating. Increased proximity with like thinking negative set of people.
- Unable or unwilling to vent out with peers, supervisors, or family. This is when a pressure cooker situation begins to build up. Social withdrawal begins to show up.
- Non admittance of the ‘real issue’, living in denial. Hesitation to accept and move on forces people to be stuck. Reinforcement of this behaviour for long, makes it worse.
- Posturing; when false external projection of sincerity and integrity is higher in magnitude than actual action. The forward movement could be minimalistic or negligible. Apologetic behaviour on not keeping commitment repeatedly, is common in such cases.
- Being too casual about issues that need attention; Over confidence, recklessness or even deliberate self-sabotaging of a change initiative. This might be indicative of strong comfort zones that may be professional, financial, health, or social. Reaction is bound to be in the offing when external circumstances begin to force change.
- Loss of passion and self- esteem. Downplaying oneself and hallucinate in a cocoon is a common symptom.
Monday, 3 August 2015
Ten Tell-tale signs of being stuck
Having traversed through 27 years of my professional journey ,I have been wondering why people do not realize by themselves when they are stuck. It is kind of numbness to an area in pain that doesn’t travel to the mind and keeps growing till the time it grows into a irretrievable one. Here are some tell- tale signs to diagnose if you are stuck;
I thought of articulating this, as most people I meet, related to my coaching practice, remain centred around ‘what’s wrong with me?’ It is the time that can favour you or otherwise, in the process of initiating a change. Wish to share some clues and seek intervention? Write to www.thegrowthevangelist.com or call +91 9893222222.